White Grey The Yellow Mastermind Logo

Need Help?

Prioritise Sleep for Enhanced Performance and Business Success


Did you know that a simple yet crucial factor can drastically boost your performance as a micro-business owner and leader? That’s right — it’s sleep!

A significant revelation surfaced while analysing a micro-business owner’s Multi-Role Ratio (the allocation of time across key activities) last week. Their customer feedback indicated a lack of care and support offered by the business owner, which ultimately hindered the business’s success.

The culprit? Neglecting the critical Time for Living activities in their diary.

Time for Living activities encompass mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing, but this critical segment was 67%. This discrepancy primarily resulted from an imbalance: overworking (averaging 10.5-hour workdays) and skimping on sleep (merely 5.5 hours per night).

97% of people require a solid eight hours of sleep, yet this micro-business owner believed they belonged to the remaining 3%. To put this in perspective, you’re dissatisfied when you charge your phone before bed and wake up to find it at 69%. Yet, isn’t it ironic how often we prioritise our devices over ourselves?

Let’s delve further into why sleep matters for micro-business owners:

1. Sleep deprivation significantly impacts decision-making abilities. Studies show insufficient sleep can impair judgment and critical thinking, which are crucial for effective business leadership.

2. Adequate sleep positively impacts productivity and creativity. Well-rested individuals tend to be more innovative and efficient, improving business outcomes.

Not to mention that chronic sleep deprivation can lead to various health issues, such as cardiovascular diseases and a weakened immune system, affecting both personal and professional life.

If you don’t make time for your wellness, you’ll have to make time for your illness.

So, what’s the solution?

Invest in your sleep! Strive for balance by managing your workload effectively without sacrificing much-needed rest. Prioritise a comprehensive sleep routine tailored to your needs to ensure optimal performance in your business.

Moreover, remember that your wellbeing as a leader directly impacts your team’s morale and productivity. By prioritising your sleep, you set an example that fosters a healthier and more productive work environment.

By acknowledging and acting on the critical importance of sleep, you can enhance your wellbeing and propel your micro-business toward sustained success and longevity.

Tammy Whalen Blake

Tammy Whalen Blake

Founder of The Yellow Mastermind.

Tags :

Share :


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Article


Taming the Late-Night Mind Race

Discover expert strategies to conquer late-night mind racing and achieve peaceful sleep. Explore techniques, rituals, and more in our guide.